When you combine business communications, mobility and the cloud, something wonderful happens: borders disappear, barriers collapse, costs drop and productivity rises. It’s happening today at businesses around the globe through the power of cloud communications. If this sounds like the kind of business you want, it’s time to move your voice, collaboration and customer service to the cloud.
Hosted VoIP: What is it?
Hosted VoIP. Cloud IP. Virtual office phone system. There are a lot of names for this newest advancement in telecommunications technology. Basically, a hosted VoIP phone system is just like a high-end, on-premises PBX – only the infrastructure and hardware that make it work are taken care of by a hosted VoIP service provider.
Who uses Cloud-based VoIP?
To understand cloud-based VoIP service, you have to start by understanding the cloud. You’ve probably heard of the cloud before – it’s that thing that exists in a faraway galaxy, only accessible by IT geniuses. Actually, not so much. The cloud is just a network of servers, each designated to perform a specific function or set of functions. If you’ve ever used email or any kind of social media, you’ve used the cloud. When information is stored somewhere other than a physical device, it’s stored in the cloud.
What can Cloud Communications Offer?
Cloud technology can also provide online services. In the application of a cloud-based phone system, your day-to-day business communications are handled remotely by secure servers. That means you don’t have to worry about any physical equipment or hardware. Hosted VoIP phone systems give you the freedom to grow at your own pace. As a VoIP cloud provider, we take care of the infrastructure, and you’re free to use as much or as little as you need.
How does Hosted VoIP work?
In short, it works like a dream. That is if you dream of a business phone system with full-range scalability, advanced capabilities and no maintenance all at one low monthly cost.
More specifically, it works by converting analog voice signals to digital packets so voice traffic runs on the same high-speed network as your existing data and internet traffic. And, because today’s cloud servers are incredibly fast, highly redundant and use advanced encryption, voice and data traffic are reliable, crystal clear and secure.
A hosted VoIP solution may be just what your business needs.
Cloud Phone Capabilities & features
You get access to a slew of unique features and functions with a cloud-based phone system. With cloud technology, your business phone system becomes more than just a telephone. These days, telecommunications doesn’t just refer to voice anymore. A hosted VoIP phone system gives you complete communication integration with all the powerful tools a modern business needs. Gregg Communications’ cloud service includes:
- Web conferencing
- Video conferencing
- Screen sharing
- Receive voicemails as emails
- Voice-to-text technology
Benefits of cloud Communications
Cloud-based VoIP service gives businesses of any size and with any budget the same outstanding capabilities previously available exclusively to large businesses. A hosted VoIP solution gives your business the tools it needs to gain a competitive edge at an affordable, fixed monthly cost.
1. Save money with hosted VoIP. Get the same great voice quality and features you’ve come to expect out of a communications and collaboration system without all the hardware and maintenance costs – just a predictable, low, fixed monthly cost.
2. Endless flexibility and real choice. Cloud communications isn’t an all-or-nothing endeavor. There are several models, like public, private and hybrid cloud communications, you can choose from depending on your business’s unique situation. Once you set it, you can change it down the road based on what your needs are over time.
3. Replacing, expanding and upgrading is easy. Technology is advancing at an exponential rate. And business communications systems are not immune from this. With a hosted VoIP phone system, you don’t need to worry about maintenance or upgrades – we take care of that.
4. Superior customer experience. Your business can deliver exceptional customer service on every call with a cloud-based contact center solution. Unlimited scalability, seamless mobility and integrated technology are all features that marry communications with business intelligence to continually improve the experience.
5. BYOD that works for everyone. With more flexible work arrangements and more powerful devices available to everyone, people are getting more and more insistent on using their own devices. And new devices with new capabilities are released all the time. A smart cloud communications provider can pool resources from all of its subscribers to work on common compatibility requests, so you’re never out of date.
6. It’s simple to manage and integrate across multiple locations. With a virtual office phone system, you benefit from standardized capabilities and total interoperability across locations. When upgrades happen, they happen everywhere simultaneously. Maintenance is outsourced to the hosted PBX provider and far fewer resources are required to understand and use systems across the business. Processes and procedures can be standardized for greater efficiency.
7. A mobile workforce. We work in a mobile world where smartphones, mobile apps and the cloud have replaced traditional business tools. With a cloud-based VoIP phone system, your business can turn your communications into a competitive advantage that drives productivity and delivers an exceptional customer experience.
Learn more About Cloud Communications for Your Business
Contact Gregg Communications at 630-706-8222 for a free consultation session.